Future of technology is the age of automation. How will it affect workers? Will they be left behind? Fear of machines overtaking human jobs is already prevalent. What can humans do to keep their worth intact in the world? Amid technological disruption, it is high time for corporate leaders to rethink and reinvest in hidden as well as innate human talent to be applied in different dynamics and aspects of the jobs.
When ATMs took over the mundane jobs of tellers, it gave them the opportunities to reskill and sell an extended range of financial services. This clarifies that the aim of technology is to enhance productivity and efficiency; not to wipe out the workforce.
Why Humans Dominate
What kind of work automation primarily replaces? Studies have revealed that the jobs that are highly technical are the easiest for machines to accomplish. While machines are tactical, humans are matchless at creative analysis, strategic thinking, and imagination based on knowledge. The good news is that humans beat machines in expertise judicious roles that include managing, decision making, planning or creative tasks. Seemingly, machines can’t set goals like humans, do not have common sense and also lack the power of intuitions.
The Cognitive Partnership
- Machine-learning algorithms analyze the video content that generates most curiosity to audiences. Based on this valuable information, screenwriters, producers, and content creators can experiment with different perspectives of storytelling before shooting a scene.
- AI can help architects to adjust the functional facets of the work.
- While software developers engage in systems structure, machines parallelly can provide operational code snippets and libraries to accelerate the process.
- AI can help marketers to understand customer requirements through visualization tools to develop higher quality products and services.
As human guidance is a catalyst to AI, AI mobilizes human productivity to obtain better solutions at low cost.
What re-shifting opportunities can we provide to drivers when self-driving cars become a reality in near future?
Future Of Jobs
According to reports, where 7.1 million jobs which predominantly include administrative, programmable tasks and office jobs are likely to disappear over the next few years, the disciplines of robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology, genetic engineering, and 3D printing will unleash 5.1 million new jobs for people. Job search portal in future will display profession listings like:
- Human Body Designer
- Space Tourist Guide
- Virtual Environment Creator
- Artificial Empathy Therapists
- 3D Printers
- IoT Analyst
- IoT Security Repair Person
- Personal Productivity Person
- Alternative Energy Consultant
- Earthquake Forecaster
- Flight Instructor
- Trash Engineer
The idea is to reinforce in creating jobs that make us truly unique and distinct as humans. Creativity, ingenuity and complex problem solving are those areas of human capacity where we will see more jobs flourishing. In future, humans will opt for those jobs that bring meaning to their lives particularly escaping work which is repetitive. In other words, machines do us a favor by setting us free to explore, innovate and find interesting solutions. In manufacturing industries, students can get to design and build cars while focusing on saving the environment. Smart businesses can’t sustain success with the absence of human intelligence by giving overall control or responsibilities to automated systems. Let’s envision an era where machines are used wisely and humans do a better job at being human exploring inner flair and acumen which we never did before.